There have been a bunch of requests for short baritones. Ibanez RGD, Reverend Decent, Jericho, ESP etc.. This one is kind of special. It’s a secret badass shorty.
A few quick points:
- An Indonesian made RG in 2016 exclusively sold by Shimamura Gakki in Japan.
- 26.5” scale baritone
- Ships tuned to Drop C but performs very well as low as B Standard.
- Gotoh locking machines stock
- Stock Ibanez “Quantum” PUPs sound sick
- Thick Wenge fret board
- Reverse headstock - super cool
- On this particular model, the fit and finish is SUPERB. On par with a Prestige RG.
- Trying it for A standard - not as stable as a 27” +
- Having played longer baritones for so long now, I find this a little too wonky in the tuning.
- Love the tone, probably wouldn’t change the PUPs (I always change PUPs)
- I don’t know what to think about the finish. No inlays is def rad but a bound body without a bound neck is weird and the body binding is pearloid… Still not sure.
- Perfect for people tuning to C and B
- Classic Ibanez playability, very shred worthy
- This guitar is super sick stock.
At the Ened of the Day
If you can find one, they are selling for about $800 to $1100.00 USD
If you only tune as low as B or maybe Drop A and love the Ibanez feel / look, you’ll probably love this guitar.
Check it out at • Shimamura Gakki
The full track that was used as the clip example is "Spotlight" by Venns and can be streamed in full below.
If you are STOKED and wanna join Bunn in the cause, you can pitch in via any or all of the following methods:
Be STOKED. Go LOW!